Re: [Gimp-gui] Curve-bend plugin as an on-canvas tool

On 11/02/2015 02:23 AM, Joseph Bupe wrote:
The curve-bend plugin is quiet versatile for image manipulation, e.g.
when placing labels on a curved surface, and the Free curve type option
to make some drooping effects on images etc.

My request is that we have this plugin as an on-canvas tool, with
options for bending the top, lower, left, right and inner parts of an image.

I am aware of a similar tool in photoshop called "warp tool".

I'm confused about where the line is - what the difference is - between discussions of the GUI and discussions regarding new/existing/modified editing algorithms. This is not the first instance on the Gimp-gui list where I've been puzzling over the difference, but it's a good example.

Also, what does "on-canvas" mean?

Elle