Re: [Gimp-gui] About symbolic dark/light themes

Hi,

On 2015-12-09 22:41, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
Hi,

On 2015-12-09 19:49, Pat David wrote:

Can you link the icon set design style guide for people?

As a general way, we would follow the GNOME general UI guidelines for things
as icons:
https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/icons-and-artwork.html.en

As for this specific icon set, I don't think there is a specific guideline
other than the GNOME ones. I could find the origin repository there:
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-icons/tree/master/art-libre-symbolic
Last commits are years old and it does not seem it was ever considered
finished.

I believe we could create our own GIMP guidelines from this base, if needed.

For the rest, just look in the folder icons/Symbolic/ and get inspiration
there.

Or you can just talk to Jimmac, if I may just chime in. In fact, I

Of course, we were planning to do it sooner than later. This thing simply came up suddenly. I pulled master earlier this afternoon, discovered this last commit about icon theme selection being fixed, tested and continued the work started years ago. It all happened in a matter of a few hours. :-)

forwarded your email to him. Let's see how it works out.

Cool.
I will prepare a list of all the missing icons.

This said, even though it would be awesome if Jimmac were to fill all the missing icons, my goal by posting here is also to create a dynamics with new contributors, coders, artists (and other skills)… For this feature, or another.
We need fresh blood too! :D

Jehan

Alex