Re: [Gimp-docs] Color Temperature

Thank you for your answer. It's clear now.

Julien

Le 07/07/2018 à 20:56, Liam R. E. Quin a écrit :
On Sat, 2018-07-07 at 20:25 +0200, Julien Hardelin wrote:
Hi all,

I don't understand why we can change the original temperature in
colors/Color Temperature. If this is the color temperature of the
light source the image was taken with, it should be a fixed value
that can't be changed.
Historically it is, but the image doesn't necessarily encode that
information correctly or at all (and you might or might not have
measured it).

In addition there's often a mix of light sources (a window, a fill-in
flash, a pile of burning organic fair-trade bamboo wood harvested under
a full moon)...

but above all else you can get interesting creative effects by changing
it :)