Re: [Gimp-docs] Colors/Desaturate/Desaturate documentation

Hi Elle!

I can't  answer the other questions, but 2.9 can be found here:

https://docs.gimp.org/2.9/en/

pat

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 4:23 PM Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:
On 03/23/2017 03:52 PM, Julien Hardelin wrote:
> Welcome Elle,
>
> At last, I will not be alone writing documentation :-)
>
> I send you an How to contribute that summarizes my experience, hoping it
> will help you.
>
> Julien

Hi Julien,

Is there a version of the git master documentation online somewhere? I
see 2.8 online, but not 2.9/2.10.

Is there an IRC channel for documentation? Or is the docs-list the best
place to ask questions?

Regarding images, in the desaturate documentation there are two images:

1. The desaturate dialog. I'd like to make a new screenshot as the
current screenshot is out of date, not showing the current default which
has changed to "Luminance".

2. The sunflower illustrating various ways to desaturate using the
desaturate dialog. This is out of date because it's missing a couple of
options. Also I'd like to add a second image to illustrate a particular
point (having to do with colorfulness vs luminance) when evaluating the
various desaturate options.

Are there guidelines for making images (number per page, dimensions,
file size, file type, stripped of metadata?, etc)? I see that all the
images on the desaturate page are pngs and are fairly small.

I didn't (yet?) receive a "How to contribute" but that sounds very useful.

Best,
Elle