Re: [Gimp-docs] Help building help.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 02:41:02PM -0400, john Culleton wrote:
Elaborate things break more often then simple things. All I want is a
Gimp Manual in pdf form for version 2.8. I can print this out, put it
in a ring binder and use it as needed.

Making pdf always was problematic for some languages, the html manual
is IMO a better choice. BTW, do you really want to print some hundred
pages?

What I got instead was a package with the guts of the manual in xml.

A "package" means you didn't pull the current version from the git
repository?

I tried autogen, then
./configure, and then make.

You must try

        make pdf-en   # "en" for the English version

since pdf is not built by default.
(And making pdf does not require the quickreference.)

Consistently I get these error messages:

Making all in quickreference
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/safe/Documents/gimp-help-2.8.0/quickreference' make[1]: *** No
rule to make target `svg/gimp-keys-ca.svg', needed by `svg'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/safe/Documents/gimp-help-2.8.0/quickreference' make: ***
[all-recursive] Error 1

If I remember correctly, this was a bug which has been fixed in the
current version from the git repo.

I have a project under way and I need to look some things in
the manual.

What's wrong with the online manual? ;)

Ulf

--