[Gimp-docs] Help building help.

Elaborate things break more often then simple things. All I want is a
Gimp Manual in pdf form for version 2.8. I can print this out, put it
in a ring binder and use it as needed. What I got instead was a
package with the guts of the manual in xml. I tried autogen, then
./configure, and then make.  Consistently I get these error messages:

Making all in quickreference
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/safe/Documents/gimp-help-2.8.0/quickreference' make[1]: *** No
rule to make target `svg/gimp-keys-ca.svg', needed by `svg'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/safe/Documents/gimp-help-2.8.0/quickreference' make: ***
[all-recursive] Error 1

Before I start hacking around eliminating references to the
quickreference is there a standard solution to my problem?

I don't want to spend days learning about docbook, wonderful though it
may be. I have a project under way and I need to look some things in
the manual.

Anyone have a copy they are willing to share? Slackware 14 if anyone
cares.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press