Re: [Gimp-docs] how to build the help files from existing html ?

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 07:06:44PM +0200, Cristian Secară wrote:
> În data de Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:30:48 +0200, Ulf-D. Ehlert a scris:
>
> > The script we used when migrating to gettext-based documentation
> > failed to extract, save, and reuse the glossary translations, I did
> > never find out why. :-(
>
> From this older post I understand that the documentation is now in
> gettext format (?) and that there is/was an utility to convert an
> existing html text to gettext (?).

No. If I remember correctly, that script converted our multi-language
XML-files to several single-language XML-files of exactly the same
structure, e.g.

        old-doc.xml
        -----------
        <para lang="en">
        </para>
        <para lang="xx">
        </para>
        <para lang="yy">
        </para>
        etc.

was converted to

        en/new-doc.xml    xx/new-doc.xml    yy/new-doc.xml    etc.
        --------------    --------------    --------------
          ...               ...               ...

and then these XML-files were converted to po-files.

> There is someone who has translated the 2.6.x in Romanian as html
> http://gimp.e3.ro/
> (less the translated snapshots)
>
> He is now ready to update the text to suit 2.8.
> What is the way he must go on ?

Hmm, no idea right now... :-(

Ulf

--
Nichts macht deutlicher, dass die Religion von Menschen erschaffen
wurde, als das kranke Hirn, das sich die Hölle ausdachte, ...