[Gimp-docs] Frustration

I decided to teach myself how to use GIMP. I downloaded 2.8 and started with the first beginner tutorial, GIMPLite Quickies, on gimp.org. This tutorial is so out of date it is unusable.  "After completeing the click and drag motion, a little "Crop & Resize Information Dialog" (shown above also) pops up". Ummm, no. It doesn't. Nor could I find this dialog searching through the numerous menus.

The copyright notice at the top of the GIMPLite Quickies tutorial webpage (http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Lite_Quickies/) says 2004. Is it really EIGHT years old? For God's sake update your tutorials or remove them from the site so people don't waste their time.

Heading to google to search for up-to-date tutorials.