[Gimp-docs] GIMP manual Finnish translation?

Hi,

There is no up-to-date manual available for GIMP in Finnish. We have been thinking that we should write one in Finnish FLOSS Manuals for a long time.

However, the official manual of GIMP has not been translated into Finnish. Translating the existing manual would take a higher priority than writing a new one.

So the best way to get a Finnish GIMP manual would be to translate the first two parts of the official manual into Finnish. I don't know if we would be able to translate part three.

So we could translate the first two parts of the manual in the format that is currently used. And then fork it to the Finnish FLOSS Manuals for further editing.

Basically the Finnish FLOSS Manuals version would become a derivative work or a fork of the official manual.

What do you think about this? Would it be all right to do this? And what is the proper procedure for translating the manual?

Also, do you know if there have been earlier attempts to translate the manual into Finnish?

--
Best Regards
Tomi Toivio