Re: [Gimp-developer] [ANNOUNCE] GIMP 2.10.20, babl 0.1.78, GEGL 0.4.24

În data de Fri, 12 Jun 2020 03:02:08 +0300, Ell via gimp-developer-list a scris:

Sorry about that.  There are a few characters in the Romanian
translation (namely ??, ??, and ??) that can't be converted to the
encoding the installer uses (Windows-1250).  If there are some other
characters you can use instead that are supported by Windows-1250, we
could add the translation.

No, I don't want to alter my language because of an impotent software. It is inadmissible in year 2020 to
stick to an 8-bit character encoding, whatever that encoding is. Or perhaps GIMP is supposed to be installed
on Windows 95/98/ME too ?

(quote from & reply here to the other message)

Heh, looks like the list isn't crazy about them either :)  It's:
[...]

No, it's not the list, but just a great company that deserves the fate of bankruptcy. By looking at the
header of your message, among other things its states:
===
===

us-ascii ? That is 7-bit. You cannot write _correctly_ in *any* non-English language by using this
Yahoo-encoding.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară