[Gimp-developer] GSoC 2020

Hello gimp developers,
Are they plans for Gimp to apply for Google Summer of Code 2020?
I can see on the wiki that Gimp had previously taken part in GSoC but the wiki pages seem old and GImp wasn't part of GSoC for quite some time. I am a student and I would eventually be interested in working for gimp this summer (and I'm probably not the only one).

PS: I'm also interested in contributing outside of GSoC, but that will have to wait until I have some free time.

Regards,
Thomas Ferrand