Re: [Gimp-developer] New asset / extension manager

Hi!

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 5:16 PM Michal Vašut <michal vasut gmail com> wrote:

Hey dude, calm down. Where have I written about "throwing your family,
friends and life under the bus" or "black magic instant coding" ? Why are
you angry (offended)?

I was clearly annoyed, if not indeed a bit offended by the answer (what and
how you said it was not very pleasant, if you read it with a neutral mind,
you should see it), though I was still calm and thought I stayed diplomatic
in my answer. Sorry if this part didn't get through, always hard by writing.

So yeah, no problem, don't worry. I am not angry or anything here. :-)

Of course I don't know what you're doing. (only what you expose on Gitlab
or blog)

By priority I meant that Gimp team is pushing new features (that don't
look like prerequisites for that manager) and that one that I'm looking for
the most looks freezed (at least from outside). So I assume it's only your
priority (not priority of the whole team).

Yeah we have some team roadmap of things we generically think should go in
this or that version. And there are global dev efforts in these direction
(like GTK+3, non-destructive editing and such). But mostly development is
driven by individual priorities, objectives or even sometimes just "where
they have most fun", on a finer level.

In that case I understand that creating something new (besides bugfixing,
infrastructure maintenance,...) takes some time. I'm developer myself,
trust me, I know well how it works.

✌

🕊☮ ;-)

Jehan