Re: [Gimp-developer] Touchpad gestures for zooming

Hello Povilas,

Am Di., 1. Dez. 2020 um 23:55 Uhr schrieb Povilas Kanapickas <povilas radix lt>:

I would like to implement touchpad gesture support in GIMP. Perhaps the
most useful use case is the ability to do pinch gesture to zoom the
currently opened image in and out. I would like to focus on just this
use case initially.

Is this something the team sees as an useful feature?

Yes, please do so. There is even an open issue for this:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/717

If you implement it I think you should use the master branch, because
it's gtk3 and you can use GtkGestureZoom there:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/commits/master
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkGestureZoom.html
https://developer.gnome.org/Gestures/

Regards,