Re: [Gimp-developer] Using GIMP in the textile industry

Having read things to this point, a first short remark on
the feature you mentioned of allowing a pattern rotation/scaling before
filling up an area:

That'd be great. I remember we used to have this as a feature request a
long time ago
(10+ years), and it was dismissed at some point. That was well before we
had
on-canvas controls.

But I think it would be great to have that for the fill  tool, and maybe as
a post-adjustment when
dragging the pattern directly to the image.

As for the various instances you mention of "expanding a selection
containing a pattern",
the current way of doing this with GIMP would be to have initially a layer
with a small (GIMP) selection on it,
do the proofs there, then recreating a larger selection with the rectangle
tool, and re-filling the pattern.

Another thing on the top of my mind is the current behavior for a pattern
being used in a
palette-constrained GIMP image GIMP will transform the colors in the
pattern to near colors
on the image -  a behavior of replacing near-colors, and carefully add new
colors could
be implemented with the current plug-in system.

Best regards, and a nice LGM for however is there!

   js
<-

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 08:41, Sven Görsmann via gimp-developer-list <