Re: [Gimp-developer] AI algorithms in GIMP

On Mon, 2019-01-21 at 19:23 +0530, Maitraya Bhattacharyya via gimp-
developer-list wrote:
[...]
Now to train these neural nets, I will have to prepare a dataset
consisting
of low resolution and high resolution images and divide them into
training,
testing and validation sets.

If it helps, i have high resolution versions of most of the images on
https://www.fromoldbooks.org/ - usually i sell them, but i can donate
some if would be of use. Most are engravings, up to 20,000 pixels on a
side in many cases.

This leads me to wonder whether we could make a “libre” image training
set.

It also leads me to wonder whether a neural net could be trained to
clean up scanned images.

Liam (slave ankh)

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/