Re: [Gimp-developer] AI algorithms in GIMP

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 2:14 PM Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:

Dear devs,

I have recently joined the mailing list because I wanted to contribute my
two pennies to GIMP development (since I use it for my work). I had a look
at the proposed plan for GIMP and wondered if people would be interested in
including some popular AI algorithms for several image processing tasks.

I would be interested in writing implementations of some of these
algorithms into gimp if someone can commit to writing a frontend/GUI for it.

It would be great if we can make a list of these algorithms to implement
and rank them according to priority.

As for my background, I am a theoretical physicist making simulations for
HPCs (in C/C++) and interpreting their data (in Python). I have a
reasonable workstation to train neural nets, if necessary. Be warned that I
have never written a GUI software in my life and I don't know the GIMP
codebase at all. I envision these to be standalone scripts which can be
called in from the GIMP interface.

Please let me know what you think.

Hello and welcome :)

What algorithms in particular are you thinking of?

Alex