Re: [Gimp-developer] Question on Plugins

Am 09.01.19 um 12:45 schrieb Gimp-Werkstatt:
Hello GIMP-dev-Team

first of all I want to thank you for your brilliant work on the new GIMP 2.10. It has become a very nice replacement for 2.8 wich I really loved.

Now I come to my questions:

I'm using Xubuntu 18.04 LTS and unfortunately GIMP 2.10 didn't make it into the repositorey my guess is, it wasn't ready to to go the stable Linix at the time of featureclose in Ubuntu. So I'm using the flatpack-version.

On this version, I can't install david batch prosessing or GAP. Is it just a problem with the flatpack or are these two plugins noch compatible with 2.10 yet. In that case, I would like to ask you, if there are any plans to make these two plugins compatible?

I thank you very much for any answers.

Anke Lange

You can try my »stable« PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp

Installing:
open a terminal and type:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp

Removing:
open a terminal and type:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp

Cheers

--
Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.