[Gimp-developer] about gimp non-destructive edit

hello
   I'm a gimp user??and I've used gimp from 2.8.xx, I see 2.10.10 is better than before??but the
non-destructive edit is not come yet.
   I think non-destructive edit is a very important function in photo manipulation, and...Krita can do
it..just soso...but it's based on Qt, so may can not be refered...
   but today I found a opensource software named photoflow, It's writed by gtk too. And its curve, hue  tools
,balabla..process speed is quick than gimp, most important, It's a  non-destructive edit in photo. So, may
gimp can learn from its code in non-destructive edit?
   thanks

totomato