Re: [Gimp-developer] blocking fonts enumeration

I also played around with entering different file paths under the acceptfont property and the results were the same. It appears that having any acceptfont attribute at all negates the rejectfont property alltogether.

On 2018-07-15 12:20, 1980_underground insiberia net wrote:
This is enormously helpful. Thanks so much. I never knew about global
fonts.conf settings for fontconfig, and apparently like many things
GIMP observes and prioritizes separate configs in its local folder.
Studying fontconfig XML properties, I came up with:

<fontconfig>
    <selectfont>
        <rejectfont>
            <pattern>
                <match target="glob">
                    <dir>/usr/share/fonts/*</dir>
                </match>
            </pattern>
        </rejectfont>
    </selectfont>
</fontconfig>

Which successfully prevents GIMP from loading system fonts.

Great!

However, this somehow prevents fonts installed in the GIMP folder from

I therefore tried to do:

<fontconfig>
    <selectfont>
        <rejectfont>
            <pattern>
                <match target="glob">
                    <dir>/usr/share/fonts/*</dir>
                </match>
            </pattern>
        </rejectfont>
        <acceptfont>
            <pattern>
                <match target="glob">
                    <dir>/home/exampleuser/.gimp-2.8/fonts/*</dir>
                </match>
            </pattern>
        </acceptfont>
    </selectfont>
</fontconfig>

For some reason, this negated the rejectfont attribute entirely and
all system fonts reappeared as if there were no fonts.conf file in the
GIMP directory at all, as before.

Thoughts?