Re: [Gimp-developer] blocking fonts enumeration

Thanks for this!

The Linux in question is Debian.

Your solution sounds painstaking but functional.

Can I get a link to an appropriate example of a fonts.conf that does this? I understand it needs to be tailored to my specific system's fonts. I just need to know the syntax.

Thanks again!

On 2018-06-30 00:24, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Fri, 2018-06-29 at 23:35 +0000, 1980_underground insiberia net
wrote:

My question is, is there a way to prevent GIMP from reading system
fonts, and to only read fonts from it's own folder?

Which Linux distribution are you using? Or, what operating system?
Which GIMP version exactly?

My problem is that no matter what options I use in the Font Manager,
system fonts are *always* shown.

On Linux at least you can a fonts.conf file in your gimp data dir or
fonts folder that excludes specific fonts. This probably also works on
MacOS and Windows but i don't know for sure.

In other words exactly how best to do this may depend on your operating
system and in some cases, where you downloaded gimp from (i.e. which
exact build).

slave ankh / Liam