[Gimp-developer] Cage Transform not completing

Hi
I've been searching online for the solution to the problem I'm having, but so far found nothing. I'm really
hoping someone here can help me.
My problem is with Cage Transform. I create the cage and distort it, but when I click Enter to commit to the
transform it doesn't save it and just reverts back to the original settings.
I want to create a 3D image of my books, but first I need to cover the front of the template png I have with
white so I can then add my book covers to a white background ensuring the original background doesn't show
through. So I added a white png as a layer. This is what I am trying to change the shape of.
I've attached 3 images to show what I mean.
Thank you so much to anyone who can help me work out where I'm going wrong and how to save my changes.
Cheers
Terri