[Gimp-developer] Thinner borders on select tools

Hi there folks,

Used 2.6 for a while, finally upgrading to 2.8.  One of my major gripes is
the fact that the select tools have this double-lined border, which makes
selecting things on a per-pixel basis feel less precise. Here's an example
of what I mean:

https://i.imgur.com/GxNClLQ.png

Is there any chance we might be given the option to have a single line
select tool rather than the new double-line version?  I know in theory it's
the same thing, but it's more difficult to find out exactly where the real
marquee will fall when making incredibly minute adjustments (such as when
editing pixel art).