Re: [Gimp-developer] question about script-fu and GIMP 2.10

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org> wrote:

on Tue, May 30, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Carol Spears <carol spears gmail com>
wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list <
gimp-developer-list gnome org> wrote:

Hello dear devs!
I was wondering if, when the GIMP version 2.10 is ready (BTW:
forecast of the release date?) it will contain the old beloved
script-fus with the file->button and file->logo menu entries.
I am asking this because I use to compile an up-to-date dev
version and I am not observing any menu entry of such.

Perhaps there were some decisions about it that i missed?

I think this is the commit you are looking for:

commit 96ab6aa88e2d94241b7caba7f522afbde08ff36f
Author: Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org>
Date:   Thu May 3 03:47:05 2012 +0200

    scripts: remove the entries registered in the create menu

These menu entries have been hidden for half a decade in the
development version without people seriously missing them. The scripts
have an element of nostalgia for people into 90s webdesign, and are
good candidates for someone to package as a third party nostalgia pack
for GIMP.

And maintain them.  Which is a greater commitment than simply packaging.

I like to think that GIMP is a living text book for pixel related graphics,
in addition to being a professional editing tool.

Truly, what you said is true about the scripts not being useful via their
menu
entries, but via the subdirectory they were great for seeing how to do
things.

(Also the occasional irc log paste within....)

carol