[Gimp-developer] Request information

Dear developers,
I'm sorry, my name is Francesco, and I would first like to congratulate you on the tremendous work that you
are pursuing to develop GIMP.
Thanks to you thousands of people can use a high-level graphics program, for free. Thank you for that.
I contact you to give you information, which I do not know if you are already aware:
In practice, this is the last version of GIMP (2.8.22) and I noticed that it is not possible to import or
export EPS files.
I tried to apply the procedure listed on the official site's document page to fix the problem
(https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-using-external-programs.html), but I could not solve the problem problem.
Since in the latest version of GIMP (2.8.22) I have noticed that it is quite possible to import and export
the EPS file, I would like to know that this is a bug or a choice to permanently delete this file.
Thank you in advance for any reply you want to give me, thank you again for all your extraordinary work, and
I take the opportunity to wish you a wonderful day.
So many gentle greetings
Francis