Re: [Gimp-developer] Wilber Logo

Can you describe how you intend to modify it?
Also, it would be a good idea to make sure the version you want to
modify is an official one, and not one someone else made, because
those can be copyright, just as yours might be if you made a variation
of it.

See here (describes linking, downloading, and modification):
https://www.gimp.org/about/linking.html