Re: [Gimp-developer] plug-ins/file-jpeg : Segmentation fault

On 01/28/2017 12:02 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
On 01/27/2017 07:01:47 PM, Elle Stone wrote:
On 01/27/2017 12:06 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
is it only me (or my system) that the current GIT version (2017/01/27
17:27 GMT) dies of a segmentation fault
whenever I try to "export as" JPEG.

On Gentoo Linux, GIMP-2.9 updated from git just now and rebuilt,
exporting a jpeg works normally.

Unfortunately Gimp crashes here (Gentoo, as well) each time I try to
export an image to any format (I've tried  jpeg png tiff).
This occurs with version 2.9.4-r1 (here on Gentoo) as well as with the
GIT version.

It seems odd that you can't export using any file format. FWIW, here is how I build babl/GEGL/GIMP from git (I don't follow the "gentoo way" of installing software from source): http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/build-gimp-in-prefix-for-artists.html

What prefix are you installing babl/GEGL/GIMP from git in? Is it possible that 2.9.4 from portage is interfering with GIMP installed in the prefix?

One thing that sometimes helps is to completely uninstall all versions of babl/GEGL/GIMP (even the portage versions). Then in the prefix for babl/GEGL/GIMP from git, delete and recreate the install folder, so there's nothing left behind to interfere with a fresh install. And also do "git clean -xdf" to get the build folders completely clean. And then start installing from scratch.

The only other thing that comes to mind is whether your libraries for jpeg, png, and tiff are all too old. But that seems unlikely if you are running Gentoo.

Best,
Elle