Re: [Gimp-developer] Enhanced smudge tool : Smudge with painting

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 8:09 PM,  <b91502038 ntu edu tw> wrote:
Hi everyone. I did an experiment that enhanced the smudge tool, which can not only smudge existing color on
the canvas, but also blend brush color on it. This is useful in digital painting.

Details and test drawings
http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Customized-smudge-tool-Smudge-with-painting

It was not difficult to implement. Only 6 files were modified and had no compatibility issues.

Such "finger painting" will be a welcome addition to the smudge tool,
and given clean patches I see little reason why we wouldn't want to
try to integrate such a feature sooner (before 2.10) rather than later
- many GIMP developers are - soon, or already - on their way to this
years Libre Graphics Meeting, please share your patches against git
master on IRC, here or via bugzilla and we'll be getting around to
studying and integrating these changes.

/pippin

--
http://pippin.gimp.org/