Re: [Gimp-developer] Toolbar For Common Actions

Hi,

On  25.1.2016 at 6:07 PM Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
25 янв. 2016 г. 19:47 пользователь "john smith" написал:

There are certain commands that I use rather more frequently than others.
It would be convenient if I could put them in a user defined toolbar.

Is there a reason you don't use custom shortcuts?

Indeed, keyboard shortcuts known by heart are a much quicker way
to achieve things than a mouse or pen, given you have the keyboard
nearby.

Is that a possibility for a future road map?

Most likely not.
I wouldn't say that it will never be done in one or another way.
At least similar proposals were made in the GIMP UI brainstorm:
http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.de/search/label/tool%20options

I'm not sure whether this idea would make it to the roadmap.
After some discussion at the more suitable gimp-gui list I could see
the possibility to make it into Bugzilla and then someone needs
to implement it some day.
For the time being I suggest the keyboard shortcut solution as mentioned
above. Here you find keys and mouse quick references to memorize the shortcuts: http://docs.gimp.org/

Greetings

Sven