Re: [Gimp-developer] Plans to resolve hotkey conflicts?

I mean, I really don't care as long as it's consistent, and it never has
been in the past, for as long as I have used GIMP.

I should be able to hit a sequence of hotkeys to get to sub menu items, and
doing it again should get me to the same function each and every time I
perform them.

Reducing the number of hotkeys necessary to do each action would be nice,
but I'll take consistency over less keys any day because it takes longer to
see and figure out which overlaping mnemonic gtk decided to randomly choose
this time. It may seem like a small thing but it's really crippling to
workflow.

Thanks for your help.
-C

I think this would be the better fix. But then what of this case:
- 'a' is mnemonic for 'submenu 1'
- 'a' is mnemonic for 'item 1' under 'submenu 1'
- 'a' is mnemonic for 'item 2' (same level as submenu 1)

Hitting 'a' highlight 'submenu 1'. Should hitting again 'a' highlight
'item 2' on the same level or enter inside 'submenu 1' and highlight
'item 1'?
Of course, if hitting right arrow is mandatory to go inside the
submenu, that's not a problem, but since you felt it was a problem
earlier, I just wanted to raise the issue.

Second issue is that you usually want to have an item be directly run
(and not just highlighted) when it is a finale item. Otherwise should
we also hit Enter to activate?

Can this behaviour be fixed?

Everything can be done, but since that's in GTK+:

- GTK+ devs must agree with the change of behavior.
- This cannot be for GIMP 2.10 because GTK+ is stable and don't accept
new features/change of behavior. Also GTK+3 itself just went stable so
that means it probably won't be doable for GIMP 3 even.

Jehan

Thanks.
-C