Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.9.x AppImage for testing

On 05 Aug 2016, at 13:24, C R <cajhne gmail com> wrote:

Tested with:
Ubuntu 16.04 (64bit) with Gnome 3.18.5, 16GB RAM, Lenovo X220 Tablet, Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz ×
4

All works well! Does this contain the MyPaint brush library? I can't seem to find it if it's included.

The standard my paint brushes are included in the package, and should work… did you try to use them?

Also, I only get the message "Should a desktop file ..." on the first run, then I'm able to run the new
desktop file like I do regularly (by hitting the Super key, and typing GIMP). The appimage only should be
run once, correct?

No, it is run each time, because it does not install anything apart from the desktop file.

The only other thing is that running GIMP from the app image is much slower than GIMP installed from repo.
That's probably to be expected, I guess, but thought it was worth mentioning. It still loads faster than
Photoshop! :)

This is hopefully more due to compilation flags than the appimage architecture itself. I will try to improve
optimisations in the next test version.

Thanks a lot for all your work, and making this available to everyone!

You are welcome!

Andrea

-C

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Carmelo DrRaw <aferrero1975 gmail com <mailto:aferrero1975 gmail com>>