Re: [Gimp-developer] Code for editing in non-sRGB color spaces

Hi Elle,

On  13.4.2016 at 11:18 PM Elle Stone wrote:
On 04/13/2016 03:16 PM, Sven Claussner wrote:
thank you for your contribution and sorry for not replying earlier.
I didn't have the time yet to read all your lines yet, but how about
pushing your work to separate branches in babl, GEGL and GIMP?

Currently I don't have commit rights. But when I finish the new patches,
it would be nice to be able to upload them to branches where people can
test, review, etc.

We could review and refine them there and make builds on Jenkins
for testing. When they have matured for integration they should go
then into the master branches.

If you need help with development let us know.

Perhaps someone could set up suitable branches of babl/GEGL/GIMP?

It's best to set them up yourself, because even if we did you'd
had to pull them and apply your patches there.
Setting up branches is easy and perhaps you've already done it in your
local workspace:

git checkout -b $mybranch

Instead of $mybranch use wip-not-only-sRGB or what fits best.

To get your branches upstream, follow this:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/Developers#Pushing_your_changes_upstream

To get a GNOME Git account just follow this tutorial:
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/AccountsTeam/NewAccounts?action=show&redirect=NewAccounts

In step 1 'Explanation why you think you should get an account' write
that you need it to contribute to babl, GEGL and GIMP. I cc'ed to Mitch
(or Pippin, too) so he can give his OK on admins request.

Greetings

Sven