Re: [Gimp-developer] Code for editing in non-sRGB color spaces

On 04/13/2016 03:16 PM, Sven Claussner wrote:
Hi Elle,

Hi Sven,

On  9.4.2016 at 10:32 PM Elle Stone wrote:
I made the assumption that the very talented babl/GEGL/GIMP developers
are capable of writing code that can send colorant information from GIMP
to babl.

It took a bit of studying, but I figured out how to send colorant information from GIMP to babl using babl_get_user_data and babl_set_user_data.

On the basis of this assumption, I made a list of all the code files in
babl/GEGL/GIMP that would require patching:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/files/patch-gimp/user-chosen-rgb/hard-coded-srgb.ods

The spreadsheet also lists locations of some problematic code that using hard-coded device parameters.

Then I wrote some "proof of concept" patches for providing GIMP users
with the ability to edit in RGB working spaces other than sRGB:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/files/patch-gimp/user-chosen-rgb/proof-of-concept-patches.tar.gz

I'm preparing patches that are close to being actually useable instead of being merely "proof of concept". It will take a few more days of coding to finish.

thank you for your contribution and sorry for not replying earlier.
I didn't have the time yet to read all your lines yet, but how about
pushing your work to separate branches in babl, GEGL and GIMP?

Currently I don't have commit rights. But when I finish the new patches, it would be nice to be able to upload them to branches where people can test, review, etc.

We could review and refine them there and make builds on Jenkins
for testing. When they have matured for integration they should go
then into the master branches.

If you need help with development let us know.

Perhaps someone could set up suitable branches of babl/GEGL/GIMP?

Greetings

Sven

Best,
Elle