Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-web] Gitlab as a replacement for registry.gimp.org

Gesendet: Montag, 04. April 2016 um 12:03 Uhr
Von: "Jehan Pagès" <jehan marmottard gmail com>

When I read this, I understand that I am really not clear.

So no, I am not saying and have never said that we would grab
repository from "elsewhere". I know patdavid seemed to have such an
idea at some point, but I thought we made the point clear on IRC.

It looks like you went out of that IRC meeting with an different impression than I.

What I remember from the meeting:

- a repository or repositories *on gitlab.com* to host all of the official, curated resources
- encouraging other developers to use Git (on github, gitlab, savannah, ...) as well, and possibly add their
repositories as submodules/subtrees
  (with technical details to be filled in by people who know about git than me)
- use gitlab.com as opposed to github to be able to (if the need arises, for example gitlab turning evil)
host an instance ourselves and migrate everything there

I am also still puzzled how the "one repository per 'script/plugin'" (we really need a better term for that
concept) approach will be managed.

Maybe this is a good time to remind everyone that Wilber, our IRC bot, has the Meetbot plugin installed:
http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html

Using it more frequently would make even small, rather informal meetings with all of their action items,
agreements and disagreements easier to record.

--
Regards,
Michael