[Gimp-developer] distribution decomposition

Hi, I sent a previous version of this idea to get ideas for applications in
image processing, but this version I've made is much simpler so I thought
I'd post about it too...
http://benpaulthurstonblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/distribution-decomposition-with-normal.html

I thought it might be a good way to store just a few variables and be able
to reconstruct a smooth interpolation for a distribution like in Gimp for
histograms and the like, but I'm also looking at it as an alternative to
unconvolution for sharpening images as someone suggested before, though I'm
not very far along in that direction...