Re: [Gimp-developer] Future of Python v2 scripts

Therte is aproblem in migrating -  because converting scripts to
Python3 nto that much of a hasle, but current PyGIMP uses PyGTK - and
_that_ is a problem -  because we should them move the Python
itnerface to gobject introspection - and it would imply to move the
GIMP parts to use gobjetc introspection as possible as well. The
problem is that GIMP's C source does not export aythign as gobject
introspection.

But anyway - as a long time pythonista, I can say it is an error on
the Ubuntu team not to include Python2 in the main distribution (even
if manually installable) -  like a BIG ERROR - and GIMP scripts will
be a lesser problem.

Anyway, we should draw a "python3 plug-ins " architecture on GIMP -
I've  sent a couple of emails trying to gather ideas for that in the
past., It is just time to take one more look and try again. I will try
to send news on that over the next few days.

It is probably possible to build the interface with gobject
introspection and talk to the PDB using CTYPES - which will allow to
reqrite all of PyGIMP in pure Python, as we should have done a while
ago.