Re: [Gimp-developer] High bit depth GIMP is excellent, awesome, amazing, if it's patched . . .

On 11/11/2015 10:24 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
11 нояб. 2015 г. 17:36 пользователь "Elle Stone" написал:

Has anyone had a chance to try my patched version of GIMP or read the
tutorial on using high bit depth GIMP? Questions and feedback regarding
either or both would be very welcome.

We are currently reviewing your patches, Elle :)

Does this mean one/some of the devs have compiled the patched GIMP and worked their way through the tutorial? :)

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure how the patches can be reviewed apart from actually using the patched GIMP, and apart from some kind of understanding - which the tutorial hopefully provides - as to:

* Why and how the LCH and Luminance patches are useful.

* Why and how radiometrically correct editing makes a difference.

* Why some users will want complete control over their RGB data, to the extent of having the option to completely disable the babl flips and edit in a true linear gamma color space.

Elle