Re: [Gimp-developer] why I can't repeat this command?

On 22/03/15 02:24, Marco Ciampa wrote:
On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:03:42PM +0100, Ofnuts wrote:
On 21/03/15 16:17, Marco Ciampa wrote:
I am selecting a program window screenshot (just an image).
The command includes some pixels around the program window.
I select all the image and shrink the selection 1 bit at a time.
Why the "repeat command" is grayed out?
I have to repeat the command every time selecting it in the menu.
Is there a reason for this behaviour?
I don't see a "repeat command". I see a "Filters>Repeat last" which
as its location implies repeats the last *filter* (a general
"repeat" would be next to Edit/Redo).
Sorry, I was extrapolating from a nationalized run. The command is:

Edit->Redo (grayed out) and, to aswer Owen too, since Filters>Repeat last
works with filters and Select->shrink is not a filter, it is grayed out too.

I am using gimp-2.9, pulled Mon Mar 9 2015.

Presumably is a feature that I do not understand... sorry for the noise.

"Redo" is used to replay what you just removed with "Undo", in other words it "undoes the undo", so it is enabled only if you just did an undo.