Re: [Gimp-developer] handle transform tool

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Michael Natterer wrote:

Pre-2006... WTF.

Well, that escalated quickly :)

My main point is that in this case design seems to come after
programming which is exactly what got us into the situation where UX
intervention was required almost 10 years ago (my, how the time
flies).

Basically, we are now in a situation, where:

1) we either accept patches as is (UX-wise) to minimize bitrot and
then wait till a feature is polished somehow;
2) or we tell people to come up with a design first, then send patches.

What it means is that 1) leads to bad UI/UX and features that might
never see the light of day (remember vector layers), while 2) simply
leads to less contributions.

Like I said before, I'm not sure how to deal with that. Of course, I
might be overreacting, and the Playground is a wonderful solution that
takes care of it all :)

Alex