Re: [Gimp-developer] Production of GIMP/Wilbur T-Shirts

Hi Jared

On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 12:01:46PM -0500, Jared Contrascere wrote:
Hello, GIMP Developers!

Please let me know if the US-based LLC that I'm associated with, LibreTees,
LLC, could have permission to create promotional products for GIMP.

After doing some research, it seems that the use of the Wilbur graphic is
permitted (per git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/docs/Wilber.xcf.gz.README). I
want to confirm this as well as confirm that the use of the GIMP
typeface/trademark is permitted.

These are copyrighted artwork, and are GIMP marks for trademark
purposes. The authors of the graphics have indicated before that they
wouldn't stand in the way of GIMP merchandise using it.

We have had companies contact us before towards making GIMP merchandise
for sale. It will be a long process to do this, as it requires involving
the GNOME Foundation.

Presently, I am working on product development for LibreOffice. An example
shirt can be viewed here: http://imgur.com/56Lo5MS. A sample GIMP shirt
design is available here: http://imgur.com/0mJiD7o.

Further, I have researched US Tax Law and discovered that for each
customer, a portion of the sale can be donated as tax-deductible
contribution to GIMP via The GNOME Foundation.

Please go ahead and send your proposal.

                Mukund