Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP looking for babl and GEGL outside the prefix

Hi Elle

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:14:20PM -0500, Elle Stone wrote:
Is there another step involved in passing the LIB statement to
configure/autogen or adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH?

I use these steps for building and installing GIMP into my home
directory: https://mukund.org/tmp/gimp-build-script.txt

It has (historically) worked for others too.  It may need some fiddling
of version numbers for the deps. After the exports, You can start from
the babl step if you have a very new distro such as Fedora 21 which has
the gtk+-2.0 version that GIMP needs.

                Mukund