Re: [Gimp-developer] Exporting Keyboard shortcuts (key bindings/accelerators)

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog gmail com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Seldom Needy <needthistool gmail com> wrote:
I was wondering about the operation of importing and exporting keyboard
shortcuts for GIMP. In

See the note at the very bottom of this page:
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-shortcuts.html

Basically, you should be able to copy the menurc file from one machine
to the other.

Chris

From the linked article:

"Custom Keyboard shortcuts are stored in one of Gimp's hidden
directory (/home/[username]/.gimp-2.8/menurc) under Linux, and
C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\.gimp-2.8\menurc under Windows
XP. It is a simple text file that you can transport from one computer
to another."

As stated, I was looking to port keyboard customizations in Windows 7
and 8, which are not explicitly documented (unlike XP). But, having
searched my hard drive with the hint, I found a menurc in the location
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2_8\etc\gimp\2.0\menurc

I imagine it's the same arrangement, barring that the paths are a bit
different. I will go ahead and test that theory tomorrow. Especially
if it works, the gimp.org docs should be updated to reflect that
information after such time. I'm not sure if the docs are maintained
community wiki-style or not, I can at least put in a bug-report about
it if need be.

Thanks.