Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP can't find libmypaint-gegl

Sorry, that was my mistake again. For some reason I was thinking of the
problem I had when the gimp binary wouldn't find the dynamic library. I did
have issues while building gimp and libmypaint but IIRC it was just me not
configuring the gegl option in libmypaint. I installed everything to
/usr/local, so aside from the shared library thing, I suppose every file
was at reach.

In short: I'm clueless and Owen is probably right. :)

[...]
Hi Eneko, and thanks! for responding.

I build GIMP from git in a prefix to avoid interfering with GIMP 2.8
installed from Gentoo portage, and so I'm not sure that modifying
/etc/ld.so.conf is the right thing to do.

I have three different installations of GIMP in three different prefixes.
So I want libmypaint in prefix1 to link with GEGL in prefix1, and GIMP in
prefix1 to look for libmypaint-gegl also and only in prefix1, and so forth
for the other two prefixes.

Here's how I set up the first prefix:

PREFIX=$HOME/data/gimp/gimpdefault/install
export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$PREFIX/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $PREFIX/share/aclocal"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export GIO_EXTRA_MODULES=/usr/lib/gio/modules
export SRC_DIR=$HOME/data/gimp/gimpdefault/build

Here's the command to build libmypaint:

scons prefix=$HOME/data/gimp/gimpdefault/install use_sharedlib=yes
enable_gegl=true

libmypaint-gegl.so is located in
/home/elle/data/gimp/gimpdefault/install/lib/, along with libmypaint.so and
the two corresponding ".a" files.

But GIMP still isn't finding libmypaint-gegl.so.

Elle