Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP can't find libmypaint-gegl

On 12/22/2015 06:46 PM, Eneko Castresana wrote:
Sorry, I meant to say "in case you didn't install to the standard
directories"; that needs to be done so that the shared libraries can be
found in non-standard dirs.

Cheers,
Eneko

>Hello Ellen,
>
>I had exactly this problem today, and as a newcomer found it all extremely
>frustrating, but I manged to figure it out at last (you got way further
>than me by the beginning, BTW):
>
>add "use_sharedlib=yes" to scons
>
>And just in case you installed to /usr/local, remember to update
>/etc/ld.so.conf and use ldconfig
>
>Cheers,
>Eneko

Hi Eneko, and thanks! for responding.

I build GIMP from git in a prefix to avoid interfering with GIMP 2.8 installed from Gentoo portage, and so I'm not sure that modifying /etc/ld.so.conf is the right thing to do.

I have three different installations of GIMP in three different prefixes. So I want libmypaint in prefix1 to link with GEGL in prefix1, and GIMP in prefix1 to look for libmypaint-gegl also and only in prefix1, and so forth for the other two prefixes.

Here's how I set up the first prefix:

PREFIX=$HOME/data/gimp/gimpdefault/install
export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$PREFIX/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $PREFIX/share/aclocal"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export GIO_EXTRA_MODULES=/usr/lib/gio/modules
export SRC_DIR=$HOME/data/gimp/gimpdefault/build

Here's the command to build libmypaint:

scons prefix=$HOME/data/gimp/gimpdefault/install use_sharedlib=yes enable_gegl=true

libmypaint-gegl.so is located in /home/elle/data/gimp/gimpdefault/install/lib/, along with libmypaint.so and the two corresponding ".a" files.

But GIMP still isn't finding libmypaint-gegl.so.

Elle