Re: [Gimp-developer] HSL Color Picker

On 12/12/2015 1:43 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Michael Horvath wrote:
There was discussion in 2009 about adding a HSL color picker to GIMP.

http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-developer/11572-hsl-color-picker

I was wondering if any developments had been made in this direction?
No. The good news (which is not news at all) is that color selectors
are pluggable, so one can write such a module without becoming
full-time GIMP developer.

In fact, three stock color selectors are modules, e.g. CMYK selector:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/modules/color-selector-cmyk.c

And there is at least one 3rd party color selector for the CIE LCH colorspace:

http://registry.gimp.org/node/16814

So anyone with programming skills can contribute an HSL color selector
(I'd first check if babl supports it though).

Alex

The LCH one looks promising, but it would be more helpful if L C and H were mapped to X Y and Z axes, or a cylinder, in the picker. Can't tell for sure (I haven't tried the picker myself yet), but the screenshot looks like it may be 3D.

Mike