Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp.org domain has been renewed, DNS updates are still happening

On 15-08-07 07:52 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
the gimp.org domain had expired on 2015-08-03, so www.gimp.org,
download.gimp.org and irc.gimp.org didn't resolve to an IP address.

We got lucky that an individual or company with questionable behaviour didn't snatch up the domain right after it expired and make it available for sale. That has happened to a lot of other domains.

It would be an idea to mark the calendar and every time that date rolls around the domain gets extended for a year (or more if the renewal was forgotten one year). That would help ensure that the domain will never expire.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.