Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP useability - choosing linear vs perceptually uniform RGB

Hi Elle -

Seeing your e-mail give the same kind of "and what can I do about it"
feeling I have when talking to Americo (he should also be reading
this mailing  list by now).

There are obvious lots of improvements that _could_ be done so that
GIMP would be a killer application.
What you do on the high-depth, color management field, Americo is
doing on the painting tools/dynamics/presets
area.

The problem is: currently there is not enough colaborator time to put
these suggestions together. There are barely collaborator resources
to read in full what you and Americo write (though the later have been
writing mostly to me in private due to language barriers) .

So, I hope that with the previous e-mail you could get to a good
summary of what would be needed for GIMP not only to be vaibale, but
to surpass current photoshop U.I. when dealing with these issues . I hope so.

Now help us think on the next steps. For example get that e-mail
worked into a feasible specification: If you can, refine it, then
maybe try to get someone with UI expertise that could fine tune that
your suggestions into specifications that could be really great -  now
we don't have Peter helping the project anymore.
(could be someone from your area, to whom you could get face to face
meetings) - (I'd rather have another switch along the layer modes than
to duplicate all layer modes in the UI, for example) -

And then...help use having more people who could help with development. :-)

At least I can see the suggested features as great. And I can't think
of a way to even begin takling them without an enormous amount of
weekly hours to dedicate to it (or Americo's issues for the matter)

Best regards,

   js
 -><-