Re: [Gimp-developer] Lack of accuracy

The reason for the blur effect on text layers is that GIMP converts vector
text to raster before performing scaling and rotation operations,
destroying the text layer (as a text layer). I'd agree that this makes GIMP
quite a pain to use for text layers, to the point where I export
backgrounds from GIMP and just use Inkscape or Scribus instead. This is not
really news, though. I've seen numerous threads that address the problems
with the current implementation of text layers in GIMP. Is there a plan to
properly handle text and vector shape layers (ie- preserve the vector
shapes and text-editing capabilities?)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Nicolas Robidoux <