Re: [Gimp-developer] Lack of accuracy

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Blaise Morot-Sir wrote:

Now I start to be very bored by the lack of accuracy of Gimp. When I resize
a calc it becomes blured, it even creates a semi-transparent line at top
and left. So you can cut these lines, but you lose a pixel top and left...
And about the centering of the picture, it becomes totally broken.
When you rotate something, same effect of blur.

Hello Blaise,

What's a calc? What interpolation methods did you try to use? Details
like that are important.

As for the rest of your post, GEGL has two new interpolation methods
(NoHalo and LoHalo) that do a good job at downsampling, although
currently they have a few issues of their own.

We do plan to improve this, but we have no estimations right now, when
you should expect results.

Alex