Re: [Gimp-developer] Create New Layer Button

El vie, 03-04-2015 a las 20:36 +0100, C R escribió:
Not to be a pain, but if you have a selection already (that you want to
keep), clicking and dragging a colour fills the selection, which is not the
same as making a new layer with foreground/background, or white. If I'm
outvoted on the issue though, I will simply change my workflow. The hotkeys
for fill with fg and bg are useful. Also don't forget the "x" key, which
swaps foreground and background colours (I use this a lot when painting
masks). The "d" key changes the fg and bg colours to black and white (d for
default) as well. This is the same in Photoshop.

That's a good point, but may I ask how often do you have to create a new
solid layer while keeping a selection?
I can think about a few cases, and not really critic ones since the
creation of the new solid doesn't depend on the selection.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is asking to remove the extra options from
the layer dialog. I think it's rather about making it less invasive.

Gez