Re: [Gimp-developer] OSX

On  11.9.2014 at 2:59 AM Michael Schumacher wrote:

On September 11, 2014 2:34:25 AM CEST, Michael Bauer <fios akerbeltz org> wrote:

But perhaps I'm wrong and there IS an easy way of changing this...
fingers crossed I guess... go on, someone surprise me?

We got a preview of a 2.8.14 dmg available at http://download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.8/osx/staging/

Made by Sven Claussner, and could use some testing.

As Michael Schumacher wrote, I've made a 2.8.14 build right from the
sources, i.e. with no additional tweaks, with just the standard set of
plug-ins and with all the languages GIMP usually ships.
It requires a 64 bit machine (Mac from 2006 and later, Mac mini from
2007 and later) and at least OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
I'm currently busy with trying to include the user manual and hopefully
I can get the build done for older OS X versions, too.
In the meantime please be a bit patient and good luck with the
preview build. I'd be grateful for feedback if any blocking(!) bugs
are found (and of course for positive feedback, too ;-) ).

Kind regards

Sven